Information we collect about you
In general, we may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to our servers located in India, Europe and other locations around the world.
Information you provide
We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner including through surveys conducted on our website. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We may collect information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information as well as public information such as user ratings and reviews, saved restaurant and event listings, and other information you view on the website.
Information from other sources
We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated contact and demographic information.
Information about others
We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) information that may interest them or messages (such as invitations) through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient.
Information collected automatically
We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access time, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, requested URL and the referring URL.
When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
We may use web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional or other email messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
Information collected by third parties
We may allow third parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements or provide applications and services on our site. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements or use their applications and services. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and personalize online experiences and gauge their effectiveness.
How we use the information we collect
In general, we may use information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver the products and services that you have requested.
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support.
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others.
- Communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties.
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites.
- Enforce our terms and conditions.
- Manage our business.
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
If your personal information is submitted through our website when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions. This information may be shared with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
With whom we share your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services.
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include processing payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: When you make purchases, reservations or engage in promotions offered through our website or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with whom we partner to offer you those products, services, and promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- Reservation partners - By making reservations on our website for services provided by third parties, including government entities, you consent to our providing your personal information and reservation information to these reservation partners. Sharing this information with our reservation partners allows them to contact you using the email address or other contact information you provided.
- Other Situations - We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. The personal information which you provide to us is an asset of the company and may be included in the assets transferred in the event of a substantial corporate transaction.
Aggregated and non-personal information
We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our website(s) and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising. For merchants, we may share your business contact information with third parties, including but not limited to, business name, address, telephone number, email address and name of owner or proprietor of the business.
How you can access your information
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your Account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to have personalized recommendations presented to you; register as a member or user; purchase products or use services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
You will also be given the opportunity, in any commercial or promotional email that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as an event provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through unsecured email.
Reviews, Discussion Forums, and Blogs
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us