Located in Thivim, North Goa, this 114 year old beautiful Portuguese Country Estate with 7 king size bedrooms has been meticulously restored to its colonial glory. The property is ideal for a home or a holiday retreat for a large family or as a heritage guest house.
Salient features making it amongst the best available heritage properties for sale in Goa:
- Set amidst approximately three quarters of an acre of landscaped gardens, the estate comprises of the main country villa with a built-up area of approximately 6840 square feet and two guest annexes with combined built-up area of approximately 1900 square feet.
- Main villa comprises of a traditional Portuguese ‘balcao’, a large formal living room, an informal living room, a formal eight-seat dining room, an informal dining room, 4 king size bedrooms each with its en-suite bathroom, a fully equipped modern kitchen, an utility room and a maid’s area.
- Two guest outhouses - one with 2 king size bedrooms and the other with 1 king size bedroom - each with its en-suite bathroom.
- A large private swimming pool and a Patio Area with a jaccuzi
- Retains many of its original features including high cathedral-ceiling, mother-of-pearl windows, and retractable candle stands built into the walls
- Carefully furnished with hand-selected elegant colonial furniture, light fittings and original floor tiles in most of the estate
- Property sold furnished with most indoor and outdoor furniture and white goods; owner will retain some family heirlooms of sentimental value.
- Large land block of about 3050 square metres
- Built up area of about 838 square metres
- Fully compounded for security
Facilities & Amenities
- 38 ft by 15 ft Swimming Pool with 3 pool deck chairs
- Outdoor Mexican Fireplace
- 5 seater Pacific Jacuzzi with lights and radio
- Outdoor Bar, Furniture and Party Areas
- 3 ft x 2 ft Italian Oven and BBQ Gas Grill
- Outdoor Lighting for entire estate
- Ample parking space
- Open well and municipal water connection
- Separate Staff annexe, admeasuring 260 square feet, sleeps 4
- Maid’s room in the main house sleeps 2